Trademark Renewal Online in India 100% Easy Online Process & Pan India Service
The trademarks are the most valuable Assets for any business that can be owned for the indefinite time , if the Renewal of Trademark is done on time. The validity of trademark registration is ten years from the date of making the application, that can be renewed for 10 Years for any number of times. For Trademark Renewal, Consult with our Trademark Attorney.
Trademark Renewal Online: Overview
Trademark renewal in India is a crucial process that enables the trademark owner to maintain their exclusive rights and protection for a further period of 10 years. The renewal process ensures that the trademark remains valid and in force, protecting the owner’s brand and goodwill.
The process for trademark renewal in India involves filing an application with the Registrar of Trademarks along with the required renewal fees. The application must be filed on or before the expiry of the trademark registration.
The Registrar examines the application to ensure that all requirements are met, and if satisfied, issues a renewal certificate. The certificate is then published in the trademark journal, and the trademark registration is renewed for another period of 10 years.
It is essential to initiate the trademark renewal process well in advance of the expiry date of the registration to avoid additional fees and the possibility of losing trademark protection. Failure to renew the trademark may result in the loss of exclusive rights and expose the brand to infringement and unauthorized use by competitors
Why Trademark Renewal is Important?
Trademark renewal is necessary to maintain the validity and protection of a registered trademark. Once a trademark is registered, it is protected for a period of 10 years from the date of registration. After the expiry of the initial 10-year period, the trademark registration can be renewed for another period of 10 years.
Trademark renewal is important for several reasons:
- Protects exclusive rights: Trademark renewal ensures that the owner’s exclusive rights over the trademark are protected for an additional period of 10 years.
- Maintains brand identity: Renewal of the trademark registration ensures that the brand’s identity and reputation are maintained, and competitors are prevented from using the trademark.
- Prevents infringement: Renewal of the trademark registration prevents others from infringing upon the trademark and misusing the brand’s goodwill and reputation.
- Legal Protection: A registered trademark provides legal protection to the owner, and renewal of the trademark ensures continued legal protection.
Failure to renew the trademark registration may result in the loss of exclusive rights and expose the brand to infringement and unauthorized use by competitors. Therefore, it is important to renew the trademark registration well in advance of its expiry date.
Documentation & Timeline for Online Renewal of Trademark in India
- A copy of the trademark registration certificate
- Power of attorney to represent the applicant
- Photo Id and address proof of the applicant
- Copy of application form of Trademark registration
The validity of Trademark
The registration of the Trademark is valid for ten years from the date of making the first application, and the same can be renewed for any times for a term of another ten years.
Timeline to Renew The Trademark
The renewal application in TM-R with the standard trademark renewal fee in India of Rs 10,000/- can be filed starting one year before the expiry and until the registration has not expired. Once the trademark registration gets expired, you get another six months of grace period to renew the trademark registration with an additional fee of Rs 5000/-
Pricing for Trademark Renewal Online
|Government Fee (Form TM-R)||₹ 9,000/-|
Total Renewal Fee
Package Does Not Include:
1. Trademark Attorney Change Fee
2. Late Fee of Renewal
3. Trademark Restoration Charges
4. Please seek personalised quote if ™ Expired.
How to Renew Trademark?
A registered trademark is only valid for 10 years, after which it needs to be renewed. The registrar of trademarks will send you a letter of reminder of the expiry of the trademark 6 months prior to its expiry. When you are going to renew a trademark you have two options:
- Renew the trademark as it is
- Renew the trademark with changes and alterations
- The application for the renewal of a trademark is the form TM-R.
- The application does not need to be filed by the registered owner of the trademark, it can be done by an authorised representative or an agent.
After filing the application one has to follow the status of the application in case any opposition is filed to the registration of the trademark. Such opposition can be filed by any person of the public.
- When the application is approved the trademark will be published in the official gazette the Trademark Journal.
- If the trademark has been published then the owner of the trademark has protection for another ten years.
- The trademark can be indefinitely renewed.
The price for the renewal of a trademark depends upon whether it has been one in-person physically or it has been done online.
- If done physically the filing for the renewal costs 10,000 rupees
- If done online via e-filing it costs 9,000 rupees
Restoration of Trademark
There can be times that a person forgets to renew their trademark in the given time period. No worries there is still an option available in such cases. In the case of failure to renew one can then try to restore a trademark. Restoration of a trademark is allowed by the Trademark Act, 1999 under Section25 (4) where it allows persons to apply for the restoration of the trademark.
Restoration can only be done within one year of the expiry of the registered trademark. Restoration of a trademark includes an additional fee over the renewal fee of:
- 10,000 rupees if done by a person physically,
- or an additional 9000 rupees if done online
Trademark Renewal FAQ's
The application for trademark renewal needs to have these documents attached a copy of the registration certificate, power of attorney, ID and address proof of the applicant, and a copy of the TM 1 form.
The trademark registration is an asset for the company under this a word or visual symbol is used by a business to help them distinguish the goods and services from that other similar goods and services. Thus, renewing a trademark is always beneficial.
A trademark renewal application should be made six months before the expiry of the registration. An application is to be made with the payment of fees.
A trademark can be restored after the expiry within 6 months to keep using it. An application is to be made for the same.
Trademark registration is valid for 10 years, the process of renewal begins after the period of expiry.
In case if the trademark registration is not renewed the trademark would be removed from the register and any other person claim and get it registered to their name.
Renewing a trademark does not create any changes in the rights of the trademark owner. A long as the trademark is valid the trademark holder can enjoy all the rights that he or she has acquired while registering.